In$0mN!A

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

not one more word!

I had to sit and bite my tongue as she lectured me about how a muslim should be!
I sat and sat, listening to her endless speech of me being a BAD muslim, just because she saw a jacket I bought! who cares if it was faded jeans?! I only bought it cause I liked it! but no! she thinks I bought it because I'm "blindly" following into the footsteps of jewish fashion (oh my God, am I gonna get into trouble here?! lol) anyways, she pissed me off when she started talking about how people just follow fashion without even thinking about it, and she started giving examples of how everyone wore baggy pants when they were "in", but now everyone wears lowrise pants (oh God) and she was like "if wearing loose clothes became the look, everyone would go around wearing them" well excuse me, I'm not strong enough to walk around wearing a tent (I don't mean to get disrespectful here) I know what she's doing is totally right, and she's a lot better muslim than I ever will be. but that gives her NO right to judge who I am because she doesn't like the way I dress!!!
I can't go through discussions about my hegab not being proper when I have problems keeping my prayers! you have to have priorities. I'm sorry, but I can't be more "decent looking" (call it what you may) if I have guy friends whom I see and talk to, I can't wear a 3baya (or even loosen up my clothes a little bit) and go to the movies, I can't stop plucking my eyebrows when I still have a boyfriend for heaven's sake! what is she thinking?
it's not about fashion! it's not about islam! it's about me, all me!
I am pretty decent in the way I dress, so what if my shirt is sometimes tight I hardly have any boobs for crying out loud! there's nothing seductive about me now that I'm mo7agabba! she should see me wothout hegab, then she would really flip out!!! I mean c'mon people, one step at a time!!!!
GOD!
I really am trying here, I've had my times with looking ugly and wearing clothes three times my size... now, I am a paranoid over self-conscious freak who wants to look good, and she is in NO place to push me to do what she thinks is right! my mother quit that a while ago! just because she thinks she's a good muslim doesn't mean she has the right to enforce her beliefs of me burning in hell!
what really pissed me off the most is that I had to sit there and say nothing, because mostly I know she's right. but now when I think about it, I feel like such an idiot just sitting there defending myself against her when I was supposed to tell her that I was none of her business!
but still, I didn't wanna fight with her, she's still dear to me. and I think one of us yelling was enough... we ended up joking about it, but I know there's always this line of unacceptance between us...
but I guess you do wha you have to do to keep the boat floating.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    first of all..great to see you back writing :)

    well..I don't like either who likes to preach...may be the problem is in her way itself in preaching,,,!! but they idea is that we're all human..we're still exploring ,,trying...investigating!
    one day we'd be wrong..another time we're on the right track!!

    if decisions- especially in religious matters as heggab, 3abaya, whatsoever- comes from within..and one is being convinced ...rather than being imposed on...one for sure retreats

    but what I wanna stress here...why you see her as she's better than you..for she knows this much of religious knowledge...why you see she bridged the gap between her and God All Mighty...whereas you did not..that you still need advice!

    well..we all need advice andguidance..but none of us is better than the other :)

    another point..is that it's ok for a girl who wears 3abbaya to go to cinema and theatre,,and have fun..or is she just destined to sit in a mosque and day and night listening to religios sermons...she can just do both! and enjoy her life~!

    what I am trying to say...don't see there is no hope..I have a boyfriend..my prayers are so and so..my clothes are that ,,my hejab is like that..do not put an idolized picture of a Muslim girl before your eyes and compare!

    you can just have the whole bunch!! with some small modifications and outlines!!

    see ya around..gal)) :)

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger gracefu( failure said…

    I guess you are right, I was just so pissed off that day

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger بعيدا said…

    I don't mean to be preachy as well here....but just wanted to share that wearing hegab is a responsibility...you are representing the deen so have to be careful about our actions...so with that, why a boyfriend...why not a halal relationship????

    Please do not react to my words as I meant them with a good heart :)

    May Allah help bless you with peace & happiness insha'ALlah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home